Make Your FEEA Donation Count-
There’s no better time to give to the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund (FEEA).
As part of FEEA’s annual May fundraiser, donations made this week will be quadrupled. Your money will go farther to help your colleagues needing emergency financial assistance.
The federal workforce is getting more attention on Capitol Hill, but not all of it is flattering. Here are some bills that NTEU is watching–and you should, too:
1. A Fair Pay Raise. Bills in the Senate and the House would give federal employees a 5.3 percent pay raise next year, which NTEU supports. Act now
2. More Affordable Health Insurance. H.R. 2175 requires more transparency and oversight over prescription drug costs in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, lowering overall costs and premiums.
3. Paid Parental Leave. NTEU-backed legislation (H.R. 532) extends 6 weeks of paid parental leave to federal workers. Act now
4. Federal Workforce Cuts. H.R. 417, which NTEU slammed, cuts the federal workforce by 10 percent over two years, and institutes a general hiring restriction for agencies that requires three employees to depart an agency in order to fill one position.
5. Cuts to Federal Retirement. NTEU opposes a bill (H.R. 1230) that would reduce federal pensions by basing annuity calculations on high-5 versus the current high-3 formula.
Learn more about the bills that matter to federal employees.