NTEU continues working under very difficult circumstances to get the best possible contract for employees as we near the end of an abbreviated bargaining schedule ordered by the Federal Service Impasses Panel.
Last week, NTEU and HHS had some very limited discussions by telephone but HHS failed to provide any rationale that justifies or supports striking much of the language in the current contract. The second week of “in-person bargaining” with a mediator began yesterday, and once again HHS refuses to sit across the table from NTEU. The mediator is walking back and forth from the two rooms with proposals exchanged in writing.
This has been extremely frustrating for NTEU, but we will continue trying to get HHS to bargain in a way that respects the process and employee rights. Here is what you can do to support NTEU’s efforts:
- Join NTEU if not already a member.
- Show your support on social media by posting a photo with a “Shame on HHS” sign and use the hashtag #ShameOnHHS.
- Sign the petition demanding that HHS return to the bargaining table.
- Wear black clothing every Wednesday.
- Wear a Shame on HHS sticker.
- Tweet Secretary Azar at @SecAzar (sample tweets).