If you work in the Washington, D.C., area, NTEU is urging you to join your HHS/FDA colleagues on the picket line as we fight for our workplace rights.
The rest of us not in D.C. can stand with our colleagues by taking action on Thursday, October 25, 2018, in a number of ways (see below).
National President Tony Reardon, HHS/FDA employees, and NTEU members from other federal agencies will be making some noise outside of HHS headquarters on Thursday from noon to 1 p.m. This is our chance to send a loud, unified message to Secretary Azar that our contract is important to us and we’re willing to fight to save it.
Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton, one of the growing number of NTEU allies in Congress urging HHS to return to the bargaining table and negotiate in good faith, will be joining the informational picketing.
NTEU will have signs, fliers for the public, and food and refreshments. All we need are your powerful voices.
As a reminder, informational picketing by federal employees is allowed and protected under federal law. Please plan to join us, even if you can’t make the full hour, and be sure to take leave.
Not in Washington, D.C.? You can join our efforts by doing one, or more, of these activities on Thursday, October 25, 2018:
- Show your support on social media by posting a photo with a “Shame on HHS” sign and use the hashtag #ShameOnHHS
- Sign the petition demanding that HHS return to the bargaining table
- Wear black clothing every Wednesday and on Thursday, October 25, 2018
- Send a message to your members of Congress at the Legislative Action Center
- Wear a ‘Shame on HHS’ sticker
- Tweet Secretary Azar at @SecAzar (sample tweets)
- Take our survey on issues that matter to you and how you’d like to get involved