Travel Voucher Reimbursement Issues Resulting from Changed Bank Information

If your bank information changes, you must contact your FATA immediately.

Official travelA member recently informed me of an issue with direct deposit reimbursement of expenses not charged to the government travel charge card. If you change your bank information (routing number and/or account number), you must notify your Federal Agency Travel Administrator (FATA) and complete a Supplier and Site Maintenance Request Document.

Money in walletConcur and the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS) are independent from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) MyPay system that issues your paycheck. Concur transmits payment request information to UFMS, not DFAS MyPay. Your previous/current bank will return to the agency all travel reimbursement payments sent to your previous bank account. You will not be reimbursed via direct deposit for your travel expenses not charged to the government travel charge card until you complete the form, send it to your FATA, and wait for the process to ultimately re-route your reimbursement to your current bank account. This process may take more than 30 days to complete. As you can imagine, this could cause a temporary financial burden.

As this member so rightly did, please contact me, or any of our chapter representatives, if you see or hear of issues in the workplace This is how we often learn of such issues and work with management to resolve them.

I hope you find this information useful.

Author: chapterpresident

I have worked in the FDA since 1990 in a variety of positions. I currently serve as chapter president of NTEU Chapter 254, representing FDA employees in Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah.