On Monday, January 8, NTEU legislative leaders from chapters across the country met to discuss NTEU’s legislative program and legislative agenda for the 2018 Legislative Conference. The Committee did excellent work, and I want to provide you with their choices:
- Workplace Fairness
- Agency Missions
- Federal Employee Benefits, to include:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Chapter 22, IRS Philadelphia – Thomas Parise
- Chapter 29, IRS Minnesota – Duane Pulford
- Chapter 78, IRS, Detroit Computing Center – Angel Coleman
- Chapter 97, IRS Fresno Service Center – Marcella Gutierrez
- Chapter 98, IRS Memphis Service Center – Lesslie Clark
- Chapter 105, CBP San Diego – Guillermo Barragan
- Chapter 154, CBP Niagara Frontier – Arthur Fisher
- Chapter 173, CBP Detroit – Youssef Fawaz
- Chapter 224, OHO – Sheena Eastman
- Chapter 229, HHS – Ken Drew
- Chapter 242, FDIC – Eric Wiechert
I am in agreement with the LAC’s recommendation on these priority issues for 2018. The LAC discussed and considered many other issues of importance to NTEU members, and I assure you that the NTEU Legislation Department will continue to advocate on all issues that impact our members before Congress. I hope to count on grassroots mobilization efforts within our chapter on these issues.
I appreciate the work of the LAC and am convinced its deliberations will help make this year’s Legislative Conference a great success.
If you have questions regarding this subject, please contact your chapter president.