While NTEU members typically have health insurance, that coverage might not pay for the indirect costs of accidents, sicknesses, and hospitalization—the costs no one thinks about until they become a reality. Colonial Life offers supplemental products that can help fill the gaps left by health insurance, with premiums paid through convenient payroll deduction. Colonial Life products share important features:
- Coverage is available for you and your family with most products.
- You receive benefits regardless of any other insurance you may have with other insurance companies.
- Benefits are paid directly to you, unless you specify otherwise.
- Premiums are paid through the federal allotment process.
- With most plans, you can continue coverage with no increase in premium when you retire or change jobs.
The policies that are available include:
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance (with optional cancer coverage)
- Disability Insurance
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance
- Life Insurance (Universal and Whole Life)
NTEU members can visit the Benefits/Insurance section of the NTEU website to connect to the NTEU/Colonial Life website for specifics and to get in touch with a Colonial representative.
Please contact your chapter president if you have questions or need additional information.