Union Dues Processing Errors By The Employer

Only look back to see how far you've comeI recently discovered that the Employer has made several mistakes in processing Union dues per Article 8 of the CBA that resulted in incorrect Union dues charged to some of our members. If you discover similar overages, the Employer may owe you money plus interest.

Therefore, I recommend you please verify the Union dues in your Leave and Earnings Statements (LES), found in your MyPay account, against our Chapter 254 Dues Charts based on your location, grade, and step on the given year and pay period stated in each LES.

If you find overages, please let us know immediately and continue checking LESs for additional errors. You may want to create a spreadsheet to keep track of multiple errors since your grade, step, and location may have changed from one pay period to the next. We can file a grievance to have the Employer reimburse you, with interest, for such overages.

We have a limited window of time to file a grievance per Article 45 of the CBA. We need to know immediately if you see a discrepancy in your Union dues as described above even if you are still checking the other pay periods.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments on this subject.

Author: chapterpresident

I have worked in the FDA since 1990 in a variety of positions. I currently serve as chapter president of NTEU Chapter 254, representing FDA employees in Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah.

One thought on “Union Dues Processing Errors By The Employer”

Comments are closed.