As I shared with you a few weeks ago, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has announced a claims submission blackout period that will affect all current FSAFEDS participants starting this July as OPM transitions from the current FSAFEDS program administrator ADP to a new provider, WageWorks. From July 30 through September 1, 2016, participating employees will be unable to submit FSAFEDS reimbursement claims, and FSAFEDS will not process claims, with exact cut-off dates varying depending on whether the participant seeks reimbursement online, via fax, or by the U.S. mail. Continue reading “Response from OPM on FSAFEDS Blackout”
NTEU Chapter 254 and the Agency reached an agreement on the CDER-DPA St. Louis Nursing Mothers Program and memorialized it in this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
In addition to detailing the features of the lactation room, the MOU includes provisions to allow excused absence for nursing mothers making use of it. The MOU also has provisions related to the reduction in space of the fitness room. I hope that this agreement will help employees continue to use the fitness room as before.
This agreement may be posted on bulletin boards per Article 9 of the CBA.
I welcome your feedback on this agreement and subsequent implementation.
Please join me via WebEx (connection information below) this Wednesday, June 29, 2016, starting at 12:00 p.m. Central (11:00 a.m. Mountain) to take action in support of the Paid Parental Leave legislation in the House and the Senate. Have your personal smartphone or tablet with you and, in about 20 minutes, we will blast Congress with our support for Paid Parental Leave for federal employees. Everyone is welcome to respond to this legislative call to action.
This webcast is scheduled to last no more than 30 minutes. If you need more time than your 30-minute lunch break, please arrange with your supervisor ahead of time to either:
- Flex your lunch break per Article 25, Section 2 L, of the 2014 HHS-NTEU Consolidated Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Use credit time, compensatory time, travel compensatory time, or annual leave
You may coordinate and request the use of a local conference room and audiovisual resources to privately participate in this lunch-and-learn. I respectfully requested management to grant such requests if there are no schedule conflicts.
Meeting Number: 748 639 193
Meeting Password: H.R.532andS.2033
To join the online meeting (video):
- Go to https://fda.webex.com/fda/j.php?MTID=me97ebd335ff848b2a25c9dcb172e8081
- If requested, enter your name and email address
- If a password is required, enter the meeting password, H.R.532andS.2033
- Click “Join”
To join the teleconference (audio):
- Provide your direct phone number when you join the meeting to receive a call back. Alternatively, and when your number is not direct, you can call one of the following numbers:
- Local: 1-301-796-7777
- toll free: 1-855-828-1770
- Follow the instructions that you hear on the phone. The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace meeting ID is 748 639 193
- Go to https://fda.webex.com/fda/mc
- On the left navigation bar, click “Support”
Add this meeting to your calendar (not for mobile devices)
Also, please help us promote this lunch-and-learn by posting this flier to bulletin boards in accordance with Article 9 of the CBA.
Article 10, Section 6, of the CBA allows union representatives to use official time to conduct training or activities on labor relations issues for employees.